Solar Production of Biochar
Sustainable biochar is a powerfully simple tool to address some of the most urgent environmental problems of our time:
- Sustainable biochar can be used to help combat climate change by holding carbon in soil and by displacing fossil fuel use.
- Biochar production is an efficient way of removing agricultural waste from the ecosystem
- As a soil enhancer, biochar makes soil more fertile, preserves cropland diversity, and reduces the need for some chemical and fertilizer inputs.
- Because of its porous nature, biochar distributes fertilizers more efficiently through the soil and disperses them for longer periods of time.
- Biochar improves water quality by helping to retain nutrients and agrochemicals in soils for use by plants crops, resulting in less pollution.