User Research & Design Specifications
5th Grade Troy Elementary School Classroom
- Most everyone in the classroom likes the subject of Music.
- Several students have experience playing an instrument.
- Most students feel confident sharing percussion rhythms on their desks.
Technical Specifications for a Fraction-Based, Digital Music Interface
- User inputs are expressed as notes, which are drawn as rational number fractions of unity.
- Visual playback of the musical recordings matches input (no perceptible lag).
Social Specifications for a Fraction-Based, Digital Music Interface
- The interface is easy-to-use/intuitive; instructions for use only need to be given 1 time.
- Our digital interface should help students visualize musical rhythms as fractions and aid their understanding of fractions.
- The interface allows melodious musical compositions to be made.